Wow...although my time in Europe is not over for another couple of days, my time in Austria is over over overrrr. I left Austria just two days ago..and I already miss it so much. I'm convinced that it's the best place in the world.
Looking back on the past month in Austria, so many things come to mind..
Great friends
Great fun
Great memories
Great challenges
Great FAITHFULNESS
I know it's not that cool to have so many words starting with the same letter or word, but once I got to three I just felt like I needed to keep the great pattern.
Great Friends- Rebecca, Melissa, Amanda, Liz, Kristen, Cassie, Jacy, Honor. So many wonderful women that I had to chance and the privlege of meeting and getting to know. I came expecting to have a hard time making friends and building relationships, and I left tearing up because I had to say goodbye. Although it is bittersweet, I am confident that this is not the end of these friendships. I know that we have formed deep friendships that will last, even after we return back to America and live states away.
Great fun- so.much.fun. So many times that I stopped and thought about how I was just having the absolute time of my life. I mean..how can living on your own..(well with strangers but basically on your own)... in Europe for a month not be a blast!? Too many fun times to count..but I'll share one fun time. It was on the second day that we were in London, before we had even gotten to Austria. On a whim, about 7 other people and I decided to rent some bikes and take ourselves on a little bike tour fun time around London. I wish I could describe how crazy and fun this was. The streets of London are similar to those of New York City, I'd say. Crazy busy. Cars, buses, trucks, and motorcycles going wherever they want to, squeezing between cars, and using the sidewalk, if necessary. Oh, don't forget, in London they drive on the opposite side of the road. Because of the incredible number of people on the sidewalks, bikers are not allowed there. Bikes are supposed to act like cars. Perfect. It was basically the most terrifying but fun 5 hours ever. Second time that I have been around these 7 people and we had numerous near death experiences. So wonderful. So fun. So so great. Bonded for life.
Great memories- You know those days that are a complete
failure but because of how funny it was and the people you made the memory
with, you wouldn't have it any other way? Well, that happened. One of my
favorite memories was "day trip to Munich." This was by far the most
ridiculous, disastrous, hilarious day on my entire trip thus far, and I
wouldn't change it for the world. We just went ahead and named the day.. "day
trip to Munich." I wish that I could describe the day in a way
that would do it justice, but it's just one of those stories that you needed to
be there for in order to understand the magnitude. So, I'm sorry, this was a
terrible memory to choose to use for this part of my post. But I'm thankful. So
many memories were made over the past month. So many things that I will
never forget.
Great challenges- mmm. mhm. Challenges for sure. But, the things that were challenging to me during my trip to Austria were not the things that I anticipated to be challenging. Like I said, I expected to have a hard time making friends, but the Lord answered that prayer and allowed me to have such good friendships. What a blessing. Something that was hard that I never thought would be was just being away from home and alone. How naive am I? I've always loved to travel. I have always loved going, being new places and seeing new things. Love, love, LOVE it. But this trip was much different. Except for my clothes and Jesus, nothing was familiar to me. Once I got to Europe I realized that I had literally never gone on a trip without a lot of people that I knew and that made me comfortable. I had literally never been out of my comfort zone that much. This was my first experience of something so new and foreign...alone. And it was for 6 weeks..not just a week. That was a challenge.
Great faithfulness- THIS right here is the best. God's faithfulness is what I am reminded of the most looking pack on the past month in Austria. The Lord has so graciously shown me His faithfulness in so many ways. Looking through my journal, there are many places where I wrote "I prayed.....YOU ANSWERED." Thank you, Lord. I have never been able to see His work so clearly and consistently. Thank you, Father, for allowing me to see a glimpse of what you're doing. A glimpse of your work. A glimpse of your faithfulness, because I know that you always are. Each thing listed above, the friends, fun, and memories..they are all a testimony to the Lord's faithfulness. I have seen Him answer my prayers and the prayers of others. I have heard Him speak and I have known His presence. I have witnessed Him moving in the hearts of people and have rejoiced over that.
Because of the
LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
The faithful
love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease.
The
steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
Lamentations 3:22
A few years ago, in high school, I went on a mission trip to Thailand. There we worked with a missionary by the name of Isaac. Our time in Thailand was amazing and we were able to see the Lord do incredible things that only He could do. It truly was amazing. But whenever we were at the airport in Bangkok, about to go through security to start our journey back home, Isaac said something to us..
"When you're in the valley, don't forget what you saw on the mountaintop."
This is something that I will never forget and I will pass on to many people. When I return home and enter back into reality and normalcy after my time in Austria, I pray that I would not forget the things that the Lord has done. Whenever I struggle to see the Lord's faithfulness, would I recall His incredible faithfulness to me in the past. Lord, you are so good. Your faithful love never ends, it never ceases..even when I cease to remember it. Remind me of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment