Sunday, June 3, 2012

Unshakeable




Salzburg, Austria is easily the most beautiful place I have ever seen with my eyes.
I hope that everyone can see it someday because pictures simply do not do it justice. 




Sometimes, when you are in beautiful places like Colorado or the beach you have this moment. You look around at the incredible scenery and you just think "wow, God you are so good and you are so powerful that you made all of this. Praise You!"

"Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is FULL of His glory!" Isaiah 6:3

I had this same thought today as I was sitting out looking at this city..but a different thought followed. I haven't gotten used to the scenery around here yet and I'm always a bit awestruck by the incredible views. I was just thinking how great it is here and how the Lord had made these amazing mountains and this cool cool city and it was all in the palm of His hands. What a God. Amazing.
...I don't want to ruin it, but after I had the thought.."this is all so temporary. One day, all of this will be gone. As amazing and incredible and wonderful as this is..in comparison..it doesn't matter."
In comparison to what?
 Knowing Jesus.
Knowing the One who created it all.

"I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens. the removal of things that are shaken--that is, things that have been made--in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain.  Therefore let us be grateful for recieving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:26-29

wow.
Our God is a consuming fire. He will not be shaken. He cannot be shaken.
Praise Him.
I am so thankful that I know Him. His creation is beautiful and I love being blessed to be able to explore and to see it. But it is only a glance. It is only a small preview of what is to come. The things on earth that we put so much stock and worth in.. they are shakeable and one day will be consumed. But the Kingdom of God, which you have recieved.. unshakeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment