So, I've been living in Europe for a week now..
I'd like to share with you some differences that I've noticed.
In Europe..
- people walk everywhere. walk, run, bike..all of the above. where I am living is a mile or more to the university. we just walk there. everyone walks there. if I were at home, there would be no question of walking..I'd definitely be driving.
- people here aren't only active but also so healthy! Their portion sizes I have noticed are so much smaller. it's so different from our "supersize it, please" tendencies in America. But small portions are just as satisfying, just not indulgent.
- they are much more "green." Their dumpsters are literally 1/4 the size of our dumpsters in America, it's pretty impressive actually.
- people dress really nicely. 24/7 they are dressing to impress.
- instead of crossing their fingers for good luck, they hold their thumbs. That's just a fun little something.
I have drank so much coffee since I've been here. There are the cutest cafe's on every corner in Austria. You will probably pass about 7 on your way to virtually anywhere. It's something they really value here, and for some reason, it always sounds so good.
Living here is a blast. It is so fun to feel like I am actually living on my own in another country. We went down to the Spar (local grocery store), and bought groceries. We make meals for ourselves and we eat together in the kitchen. It's so cool..we live here. For now.
weeeeeeee...short I know. more laterrrr!
Bis spater!
You are so precious to me. I love you and your blog. :)
ReplyDelete